The Star of the North conference offers a wide range of professional development seminars that allow dental professionals to earn CE credits. Click on the buttons below for more detailed information about our speakers and sessions. You may also view our Schedule At A Glance for a more general overview.
This hands-on workshop is an opportunity to develop and practice clinical techniques with special emphasis on the mandible, including the Gow-Gates and the Vazirani-Akinosi mandibular division block techniques, tips and tricks of the conventional IA regional nerve blocks, and single tooth anesthesia without a nerve block injection. A complete maxillary division block will also be presented. Short lecture segments present the anatomical landmarks and discuss the steps of individual nerve block techniques, followed by a clinical demonstration of the technique and then the participants pair up to practice locating the landmarks and walking through the technique on each other (no actual injections are given). All attendees are recommended to bring their own loupes or glasses.
1) Perform the Gow-Gates complete mandibular division of the trigeminal nerve block technique.
2) Perform the Vazirani-Akinosi closed-mouth trigeminal mandibular division nerve block technique.
3) Replicate a complete trigeminal maxillary division nerve block technique.
4) Describe tips and tricks for greater success with the conventional inferior alveolar regional nerve block technique.
5) Landmark a technique for anesthetizing mandibular teeth using buccal and lingual infiltration injections rather than performing a nerve block injection.
Course Number: F2205
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Therapist
- Student Dentists
About the speaker
Alan W. Budenz, MS, D.D.S., MBA
Dr. Budenz is a Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Vice Chair of Diagnostic Sciences at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, California. He has more than 35 years of general practice experience and lectures internationally on local anesthesia, anatomy, oral medicine and caries management.
|Fundamental CE Credits||3.0|
|Elective CE Credits||0|
|Core CE Credits||0|
|Dentist Early Bird Fee||$315.00|
|Staff Early Bird Fee||$315.00|
|Dentist Regular Fee||$325.00|
|Staff Regular Fee||$325.00|