The Star of the North conference offers a wide range of professional development seminars that allow dental professionals to earn CE credits. Click on each seminar below for more information, including pricing.
Research indicates that an overwhelming percentage of patients find dental care to be an anxiety-producing experience. At the same time, dentists and dental teams are frustrated when techniques that comfort one patient backfire on another. This course explores the underlying types of dental fear and the impact of a patient’s personality on their behavior in the office. Strategies to identify these factors and methods to address them will be covered.
1) Learn the 4 types of dental fear and their varying levels of intensity.
2) Appreciate how the patient’s underlying personality style impacts behavior during dental care.
3) Develop a method to accurately and efficiently collect information about the patient’s fears.
4) Recognize the 5 treatment options open to dentists to address fear.
5) Establish a method to determine which treatment option best meets a particular patient’s needs.
Course Number: S18
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Therapist
- Student Dentists
About the speaker
Larry J. Sangrik, D.D.S.
Dr. Sangrik is a 1979 graduate of Ohio State University College of Dentistry. He has been a featured lecturer around the country as well as an author of numerous articles. He recently developed and authored a 4-part video and workbook for the ADA on medical emergency preparedness. He maintains a full-time practice in his hometown of Chardon, Ohio.
|Fundamental CE Credits||0|
|Elective CE Credits||0|
|Core CE Credits||3|
|Core Topic||Patient Communication|
|Dentist Early Bird Fee||$45.00|
|Staff Early Bird Fee||$35.00|
|Dentist Regular Fee||$55.00|
|Staff Regular Fee||$45.00|