The Star of the North conference offers a wide range of professional development seminars that allow dental professionals to earn CE credits. Click on each seminar below for more information, including pricing.
Medical emergencies occurring in the dental office can be stressful and frightening, not only for the patient, but also the entire dental team. This course is designed for dentists and staff to develop strategies to prevent, identify, and respond to medical problems including syncope, allergic problems, cardiovascular abnormalities, diabetes and respiratory distress. Emphasis will be placed on preparing the dental team in advance of a crisis to minimize its potential impact.
1) Understand the 6 areas in which dental offices need to be prepared for a medical emergency.
2) Know how to designate specific duties to various team members to maximize their value.
3) Learn how to communicate with team members and EMS to avoid confusion during the event.
4) Develop an appropriate “crash cart” with necessary medications and equipment, especially supplemental oxygen.
5) Learn how to recognize the 11 medical events dental teams are likely to encounter.
6) Develop appropriate algorithms to respond to each of the above.
Course Number: F27
- The Entire Dental Team
About the speaker
Larry J. Sangrik, D.D.S.
Dr. Sangrik is a 1979 graduate of Ohio State University College of Dentistry. He has been a featured lecturer around the country as well as an author of numerous articles. He recently developed and authored a 4-part video and workbook for the ADA on medical emergency preparedness. He maintains a full-time practice in his hometown of Chardon, Ohio.
|Fundamental CE Credits||0|
|Elective CE Credits||0|
|Core CE Credits||3|
|Core Topic||Medical Emergencies|
|Dentist Early Bird Fee||$45.00|
|Staff Early Bird Fee||$35.00|
|Dentist Regular Fee||$55.00|
|Staff Regular Fee||$45.00|