Non-Profit Exhibits at the Star of the North …
15 spots are available on the 2017 floor plan. An email and contract will be sent to all interested non-profit groups in early January 2017.
Available Options for a Non-Profit Group once all 15 spots are filled:
- Send a contract to be placed on a waiting list until 14 days prior to the meeting. At that time, if booths remain on the floor plan, we will place these groups at the non-profit rate. The non-profit groups will be placed in the order the contract was received from the waiting list.
- Pay the standard booth rate now and choose any available space on the floor plan. You will complete the standard exhibit contract and receive the furnishings of a standard booth space vs. the non-profit group package.
- 2017 Non-Profit Application ~ ST19 Form ~ Certificate of Insurance SAMPLE
Need Insurance? Star of the North has contracted with Raintree Protection to help you get low-cost coverage. Click here for information and an application.
Organizations qualifying for non-profit exhibit space at the Minnesota Dental Association’s Star of the North Meeting shall be limited to:
1. Governmental departments or agencies and organizations qualifying for 501(c)(3) or 501 (c)(6) tax exempt status. These include organizations that are educational, charitable, and/or scientific in nature, professional associations, and chambers of commerce; and
2. Education institutions accredited by the American Dental Association’s Commission of Dental Accreditation or record-keeping agencies generally recognized by the profession.
The Association reserves the right to reject any application for non-profit booth space for reasons it considers sufficient to indicate that the exhibitor/exhibiting organization may be unable to conform to Association policies.
Non-Profit Booth Specifications and Pricing
Booths are 10′ x 10′ in dimension. The back of each booth extends 8’ from the floor with 3’ high dividers between booths. The booth is constructed with aluminum rails on which draperies are hung.
The non-profit booth rate is $400.00/booth. We do not offer free booth space nor do we give discounts on the non-profit rate.
Non-Profit Booth Furnishings
The Association will furnish and order for each non-profit exhibitor booth space at no additional charge the following:
- One draped (white) 6’ table (6’L x 2’W x 30″H) or 1 – 6′ counter (6’L x 2’W x 42″H)
- Carpeting – color TBD
- Two plastic contour chairs
- One wastebasket
- Standard ID sign (standard with Organization Name and booth number)
- Wireless Internet access is free throughout the RiverCentre including on the exhibit floor.
The non-profit exhibitor will be responsible for ordering and paying for the items below. Information for these will be sent to you in late January in the Exhibitor Website from GES.
- Freight charges
- Charges for special equipment
- Furniture ordered beyond what is stated above
- Any audio visual needs
- Electrical for your booth lights or other equipment
Applying and Paying for Space
To apply for non-profit exhibit space, organizations must complete the Application for Professional Exhibit Space and Minnesota Tax Form ST19. These forms will be available in January 2017. Return the completed forms and payment to the Minnesota Dental Association. All applicants are required to pay in full with a check or credit card at the time of application.
Non-profit exhibit booths will be assigned on a space-available basis only and placed at the discretion of the meeting organizer.
Non-Profit Exhibitor Registration
Non-profit exhibitors will receive up to 8 complimentary badges per booth space purchased. If an exhibitor registers more than the complimentary number, the per person registration fee is $20.00. You need to complete a registration form for each person. Forms and on-line registration will open January 2, 2017.
Access to CE Programming is NOT included in the exhibitor registration. Booth personnel wishing to attend educational programs must register in the appropriate registration category and pay any applicable registration and course fees. Licensed dentists who are working in the booth, but who are not members of the ADA/MDA, will be required to register as a non-member dentist and pay the applicable registration fee.
Non-profit exhibitors are expected to abide by the provisions of the Rules and Regulations unless otherwise noted. Rules include submitting a Certificate of Insurance. All non-profit entities including state groups are required to have liability insurance: ask your main office. If you are participating in the show on your own without the official backing of your main organization, contact Vicki at the MDA office. She’ll have resources for you to obtain a short-term (the length of the show) liability policies that are rather inexpensive.
Questions? Contact Vicki Capistrant at the MDA office. Phone: (612) 767-8400; Fax: (612) 767-8500; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.