The Star of the North places companies on the floor plan using a points system within groups.
Contracts received by November 1, 2016, are assigned space on a priority system through points earned and group classification. Points are determined by the cumulative number earned by:
- Sponsorship: 50 points – Diamond Level, 35 points – Platinum Level, 25 points – Gold Level, 15 points – Silver Level
- One (1) point for each consecutive year exhibiting at Star of the North. Exhibitors not in 2015 and 2016 forfeit all points.
- Ten (10) points for companies returning their contract and ST19 by September 30, 2016.
- Five (5) points for companies returning their contract and ST19 after September 30 but before October 14, 2016.
- Twenty (20) points for companies returning their contract by September 30 AND paying full balance by November 1, 2016.
- Five (5) points for each booth purchased greater than one.
Contracts must be received on or before November 1, 2016 to be included in the priority space assignments. After the points are tallied, companies are divided into groups as defined here:
Group 1: Contracts requiring four or more booth spaces, or those who purchased the promotional package
Group 2: Contracts requiring less than four booth spaces, with an exhibiting history of 20 or more consecutive years in priority order
Group 3: MDA-endorsed companies sorted by priority points
Group 4: All other companies in priority points order
* If there is a tie within a group, the date and time the contract was received will decide the order.
- Contracts received after November 1, 2016 will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis no matter how long they’ve been exhibiting.
- Booth space will not be held and a company will not be placed on the floor plan until all forms and at least a deposit (if contract is receive by Feb. 1, 2017) is received at the MDA office.
- No endcaps: Exhibitors requesting two corner booths must have a minimum booth configuration of 20’ x 20’ or larger
- A $100 premium will be charged for each corner booth when purchasing a single (10’ x 10’) or double space (10’ x 20’).
**The Star of the North cannot guarantee an exhibitor will be assigned any of the space requested on the exhibit contract; however, every effort will be made to assign booth space in accordance with exhibitor’s preferences.
Also, all companies have the opportunity on their exhibit contract to list companies they wish to be close to or far from. Again, we will make every effort to honor your wishes however; after the deadline of November 2 when booths are available on a first-come, first-served basis, we cannot prevent companies that you’ve listed from renting space near you if they choose to. You are welcome to review the floor plan at any time and update your location.